Excessive dose of UVA light caused severe burns and blistering £6,000

A client (aged 44) attended the Great Western Hospital in Swindon for a course of treatment for psoriasis affecting both her hands and feet. She was accidentally exposed to an excessive dose of UVA light which caused severe burns and blistering to both her feet.

After writing to the hospital, they admitted liability for her injury. They initially offered to settle her claim for £1,000 , which was rejected. After further negotiation, and obtaining a report from an independent Dermatologist, we were able to settle her claim without the need to issue clinical negligence proceedings.

S. J. Edney solicitors obtained £6,000 for this client in 2008

2017-09-14T12:46:14+00:00