Personal Injury Solicitors
S. J. Edney Personal Injury Solicitors are experts in claiming compensation for personal injury. We have recovered millions in damages for our clients. We offer all clients a free initial interview (in person or over the telephone) and, if we feel that they have a case, we act for them on a no win no fee basis.
S. J. Edney Solicitors are Personal Injury Solicitors who have been established since July 1996. We are a small firm (out of choice) and we believe that the key to our success is to provide all our clients with an excellent service at all times.
Specialist Personal Injury Solicitors in Swindon
We deal with all types of personal injury claims, including road traffic accidents, cycling accidents, accidents at work, and accidents in a public place or on private land. You can claim compensation (“damages”) for any personal injuries or financial losses which you can prove were the direct result of someone’s negligence. This includes compensation for:
- Pain and suffering, including, for example, ongoing treatment and further operations.
- If you can’t carry out hobbies or daily activities (called loss of amenity).
- Loss of earnings.
- Cost of nursing care, special equipment, medical care or help that you need to carry out daily activities.
- Costs of adapting your home.
- Psychological injury.
- In certain circumstances, a claim under the Human Rights Act.
The main evidence you need for a personal injury claim will come from:
- Liability evidence (to establish that the other party was to blame for your accident). This will include documentary and witness evidence.
- Evidence of your injuries. This will include your medical records and a report from an independent doctor, which we will arrange for you.
- Evidence of your financial losses. This will include documentary evidence to support a claim for loss of earnings, receipts/documents in support of your other expenses, and quotes from medical experts as to future treatment costs (which you will be able to claim on a private basis).
If our personal injury solicitor cannot find any medical experts who will support your claim, your claim will not succeed.
In order to claim for personal injury, you must show that someone else has been:
- at fault (negligent);
- in breach of a “statutory” (legal) duty; and
- you have been injured, either physically or psychologically, because of that negligence or breach of statutory duty.
It is important that, if you have been injured in an accident, you take legal advice from a specialist lawyer as soon as possible, to see if you have a personal injury claim. As a general rule, an injured person has only three years from the date of the accident in which to begin a legal claim.
We recommend that you make notes about how the accident happened and keep a diary of events, including your visits to the GP and expenses incurred as a result of the accident (keeping receipts where possible).
You may still be able to make a claim for accident compensation, even if you were partly to blame.
You can claim against:
- an individual, for example, the driver of another car
- a company
- a shop
- a manufacturer
- a local Authority or Government department
- the NHS
- your employer or one of their contractors
- a family member
- the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority, where you have been a victim of violence
- the Motor Insurers Bureau, where a road accident has been caused by an uninsured or untraced driver.
- an occupational illness or injury brought about by your work
- a defective product
- an accident that you suffer:
- at work, for example, a manual handling injury or an injury caused by a faulty piece of equipment.
- on the roads, for example, by another driver or a dangerous pothole in the road.
- on public transport
- in a shop, office, school or college
- in a private house or on private land
- on holiday
No Win No Fee
At S. J. Edney no win no fee Swindon solicitors,we have a wealth of experience dealing with a wide range of accident claims. We conduct our own investigation into what happened and, if we feel that you have a valid case for an accident claim against a third party, we will begin the legal process on your behalf. There is no financial obligation to you should you lose your case.
Industry-leading success rates
Our industry leading success rates mean that you can be confident that your claim is in safe hands. It is not usually necessary to go to Court; often the other party accepts liability and makes a reasonable offer to settle the case out of court. Sometimes, however, the other party decides to fight the case; then it can end up in Court. Either way, one of our highly qualified, personal injury solicitors will fight very hard to win your case and obtain maximum compensation for you.
Please read some of our testimonials by previous clients
I regard SJ Edney Solicitors as an outstanding clinical negligence firm, and I would not hesitate to recommend the firm to my own friends and family. Seamus and Mary genuinely care about their clients.
The service you provided could not be faulted.
Just to acknowledge that I received your cheque today, and I would like to say thank you for all that you have done for me, and for taking on my claim, it is much appreciated, although thank you doesn’t seem enough, but I am very grateful. Keep up the good work that you and your staff do for people.
You can’t improve on perfection. Claim settled in 6 months, well done.
As a lawyer myself I think I am capable of identifying a good service and most importantly specialist expertise.
Our Achievements & Credentials
We only act for victims of accidents. We specialise exclusively in personal injury and medical negligence cases.
We are members of:
- The Law Society’s Clinical Negligence Panel
- The Law Society’s Personal Injury Panel
- Action against Medical Accidents (AvMA) Clinical Negligence Panel
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers
Speak to an Expert Lawyer Now!
If you need a specialist in accident claims, contact S. J. Edney free, to discuss your accident and discover if you have a claim for compensation. You have nothing to lose! Contact details for our lawyers are below so that you can speak to them directly about your claim.