Two road traffic accidents £25,000

We acted for a young lady (aged 19) who had the misfortune to be involved in two separate road accidents namely the first during May 2009 and the second during February 2010 in respect of which she wished to claim damages. In both accidents she was a passenger and wearing a seatbelt.

Liability wasn’t an issue and we obtained a number of medical reports which confirmed that she had sustained whiplash injuries in both accidents and had also gone onto develop post traumatic stress disorder as a result of the first accident but made worse by her second accident. Her doctors attributed 75% of her symptoms to the first accident and the remaining 25% to her second accident. Her case was made more difficult as she later went on to develop other medical problems which were not attributable to either accident.

After protracted correspondence, we were able to agree a settlement without the need to issue proceedings which our client was happy with.

S J Edney solicitors obtained compensation of £25,000 for this client during 2012

2017-03-01T16:23:30+00:00